Friday, July 14, 2006

I have some new ideas for dealing with my daughter. First off, I need to spend more time with her without doing anything else. Repeating instructions calmly and touch were two suggestions by my cousin. I also know I need to redirect her when she is doing something she shouldn't be doing. We had a much better day today.

On another front, I was quite put out with the Sears delivery people, who were suppose to deliver our refrigerator and dishwasher between 10:00am and 12:00pm today. After calling the delivery number twice, they finally showed up at 1:45pm. I know that people run late. What I don't like and think is rude is that I wasn't called and informed that they would be late. What really was irritating was that there was food getting warm, sitting in coolers waiting to go back in the refrigerator. And I needed to make lunch. I didn't want to root through and let warm air in. I ended up having to anyway. My daughter and I needed to eat. Another contractor came today to give us pricing on a new heater and installing air conditioning. He was an hour late. No call. I don't necessarily have time or nothing going on that I can just sit around waiting for people to show up. My time is important too.

This is like what has happened to me at the Ob/Gyn prenatal visits. I am left sitting for way past my appointment time with nary a word as to why. And it isn't just me. I was talking to my cousin who goes to the same office. She also sat waiting for a doctor way too long. It didn't use to be like that. She did have a suggestion though: call before going to the appointment to find out how far behind they are running. I plan to check for my next appointment.