Friday, July 21, 2006

My daughter and I went to Costco today with my parents. We bought some food items for our trip to the beach. My entire family is very excited about our week at Ocean Isle Beach, NC. Doesn't 14 adults and 8 kids (ages 12 through 1) in one seven bedroom house sound like fun? That many people eat a lot. We end up going to the store several times in the week we are there. We thought we'd get a head start.

It is only six days until we leave, though we won't actually get to the beach until Saturday. We are stopping at my husband's business acquaintance's house for dinner Thursday evening, then driving on to my friend's house and staying with her until Saturday. We can't get into the house at the beach until after 4:00 pm, so we will have plenty of time to travel on Saturday.

Packing our Honda Civic will be a fun task. I am already trying to figure out how we are going to get everything in. My cousin called today and asked if we would bring our piano keyboard, so her girls can still practice. Hey if she wants it, I am more than willing to let her pack it. They have a minivan. Last time I took my sewing machine. We didn't have a daughter then. Children add quite a bit to one's packing needs.