Friday, July 07, 2006

My cousin and aunt are up from NC. I haven't seen my cousin in a coon's age. He is finished his stint in the Florida Keys and now is taking a vet job in Wilmington, NC. He and auntie came up before is new job starts.

And last night, we (my husband, sister, cousin and I) went to a Phillies game. We splurged on seating, in the $44.00 area, hoping for a foul ball. None came our way, but we did see the Phillie Phanatic upclose and personal. He was a seat away from us. My cousin got a few pieces of memorabilia. On our other trips to a game, we tend to get there after the first inning has already started. But not this time. We had time to eat our hoagies before the National Anthem. And see the first pitch.

I made what I thought was a grave error and forgot to go to the bathroom before we left. My husband spied a port-a-potty, and we made our way to it. I have never in my life seen one of those so full. It was disgusting. The liquid line was maybe five inches from overflowing. I thought I'd go anyway, but then noticed no toilet paper. I just headed right out of there at that point. My sister was headed over to use the facilities, but I turned her right around and brought her back to the car, explaining she did not want to go in there. I think the experience allowed my bladder to not need to be emptied like it thought it needed.