Friday, June 10, 2005

My friend from college came to visit today. We went to the pool. We had quite a crowd there. My friend, her husband, and two children, my sister, two cousins, my daughter, and myself.

My daughter was a little better in the water this time. She held on to me for dear life. She buried her head in my shoulder. She started to fall asleep, but when I got out of the pool to lay her down, she decided she was ready to play. I went back to the pool, and my sister took her. She did end up falling asleep.

I played with my two young cousins, 5 and 3 years old. They enjoy the water. They enjoy playing. Seemingly, we were in the right place. The older one likes to be whipped around, touch the bottom, and dunked. She likes the shallow end of the big pool. The younger one likes to splash and play in the baby pool. She is a little shy of the big pool.

Later that night after we were childless due to sleep, my friend, her husband, my husband, and me played Rummikub. We enjoy that game. My friend won, than I won. I like winning.

Although it was a short visit, it was good to see my friend and her family. Her daughter is 2 months younger than my daughter. We hadn't seen each other since my girl was a month old, 9 months ago. The two girls were very cute together, especially since they have the same name. Call one name and get two smiles.