Thursday, June 30, 2005

Well, the-not-so-nice odor still remains, but in a lesser concentration. My husband has not fixed the hole yet, so we are hoping that once the wall is closed up again, we will be breathing fresh air. He did paint on a sealer of sorts, claiming itself to be a "killer of stains" and an "odor barrier." Painted twice. Still smells. This is worse than the first (we've had two) cat urine smell we had. [Ironically, in the same room.] Some concrete, plastic, and duck tape fixed that one. Maybe we should use the same method for this problem?

My child will be eleven months old tomorrow, and the girl still has no teeth. Trying to progress her food coarseness is hindered by the no-teeth factor. Though, she does quite well at mashing food with her gums, she does balk at certain chunkier foods.

She cares not for the skin of a pea, though she will eat the insides . . . if I squish them out first. I haven't given much inspection to the food she spits out, but I think she may do the same with corn. Eat the inside, spit out the outside. She will not eat a meatball if in tomato sauce, but rinse it off and she mashes away.

Meal time has become quite an adventure. However, I have decided I am not enrolled in the school of thought that allows young ones to totally and with abandon experience their food in all ways possible. She may not throw her food, bathe herself in it, or imitate Van Gogh with it. She will be allowed some leeway, but I foresee many reprimands being given and not happily received.